providing wellhead intelligence
Physics-based analytics for plunger lift
Combine data and models for incisive well monitoring.
- Identify operational IPR: the well driving function
- Identify plunger slip coefficient (wear state)
- Identify plunger location and velocity
- Control plunger arrival velocity
- Identify cycle-by-cycle liquid production
- Identify when and how the well loads with liquid
Well control for plunger lift
Implement stable control that optimizes production.
- Different strategies appropriate for different wells
- Take advantage of well's strengths and avoid its weaknesses
- Minimize bottom-hole pressure over time
- Accommodate system upsets
- Minimize burden to field personnel
- Optimize maintenance
- Implement as an instrument or an RTU
Dynamic Pattern Recognition (DPR)
Identify a well operating state from the flow noises it makes.
- Gas flow
- Multiphase flow (all flow regimes)
- Plunger fall state
- Liquid and plunger arrival
Multiphase flow modeling
Quantitatively understand the flow dynamics responsible for well behaviors.
- Liquid and gas inflow and storage
- Transport of liquid and gas
- Effect of bottom-hole configuration on liquid intake